This Pongal has been surprisingly slow for me. I know well ahead I don’t have anything better to do this Pongal weekend and will be starring at my computer screen most of the time.
I tried calling some of my friends but most of them are busy with their friends or family.
I thought best thing to do is to watch few movies. I saw Ai ( I Movie ) , Vellaikara Dorai and Ambala.
Ai – I don’t know what to say. This movie is all about extravaganza with very thin story line. It is almost like you can predict the whole movie 30 minutes into the movie. It is highly predictable which is rare for Directory Shankar movies. I feel all the great prosthetic makeup from WETA workshop is wasted. All those investments could have gone into better story line. I would rate this movie 2 star.
Ambala – This movie completely lost it’s plot 15 minutes into the movie. Totally misleading. I think Director Sundar ran out of ideas. Usually comedy revolves around the movie. But in this movie’s first half, movie revolves around a horrible slapstick comedy. Only in the 2nd half movie was back on track. Then again this is the same thing Vishal keeps repeating in movies. But Sundar.C’s strategy to mix comedy and glamor is appreciable. I would rate this movie 2 star out of 5.
Vellaikara Dorai: Compared to above 2 movies this movie is well ahead. Very well written script with an excellent mixture of love, comedy, action, sentiment etc. I enjoyed more than the other 2 movie. This shows big budget movies are not always successful. If you have a good story line you can do miracle even with new comers. My rating 3 and 1/2 out of 5 for the excellent effort from the whole film crew who worked on this movie.
I am happy to conduct the 1st major workshop in IIT Saarang 2015. Feeling #excited. 2015 has started for me on a great note. I never expected 2015 as great as this to my professional life
This is the toughest part of my life after a long time. On one side everything looks great. 2015 looks to be the best year for me. I never had a beginning to a year like this in my career, health and social life. But when it comes to personal life 2015 has started out to be a disaster. I am left completely without both love and physical romance. I was never like this in my life for a long time. This is driving me crazy. I was rarely without either one in my life. My life feels like a disaster without these. Though I lead a healthy, happy life without these 2 makes it look empty.
When you talk to friends or colleagues the only suggestion they have for you is get married. That is absolutely stupid. Those who give this suggestion are idiots who don’t know anything about me. Only my close ones know about me and they never give suggestions against my will. This shows they know me more than anyone else. All my close ones are no more in my life. May be I hurt them somewhere to a point of no return to my life.
You should never marry without knowing a girl whom you like to the core and who knows lot more about you than the world knows. When I meet a girl like that I will surely marry till than I am ready to wait. I have lot more commitments in life which I need to fulfill.
I know this is temporary but I desperately want my life to change. This is hurting my overall life style.
Follow me in my FB at : www.facebook.com/powerofeyes
Watch our very own Anand take on reigning world champion Magnus Carlsen to claim his world champion title back. Anand is the Challenger against Magnus the defender. Carlsen won the title last year from Vishwanathan Anand and this year things are heating up after 6 rounds. Carlsen is on a 1 point lead over anand after 7 rounds.
Replay games here or watch live match when the match starts again tomorrow. Anand will play which and will have brilliant chance to win next game.
After a long time I went for this movie Kaththi. I was very excited since it is an outing with our staff after a long time. My excitement was short lived. I watch ton of movies both English , Tamil and some Hindi movies. I almost watched all actor Vijay movies. His movies will always have a trend and I like it that way. For me movies are for entertainment and his movies provide good entertainment. I always look for masala stuff in movies. Nice action, glamour, love, comedy is what i look for in movies. This movie is a huge disappointment in all the areas. Action was Ok but very much artificial and in so many areas it was completely unnecessary. Literally no LOVE. Love factor very low in this movie. Comedy again zero. Seems they want to save money by not bringing in good comedians.
Samantha has openly agreed to be glamorous in future movies. That factor also missing. She was totally wasted in this movie. Kaththi is a miserable failure in all fronts. It is good for people is villages but not for city crowd like us. Literally nothing except social welfare and social awareness. Who wants to spend money to watch a social awareness movie. There are 10s of 100s of channels to watch good movies and if I want I can download a movie and watch at home if it really is good. I want to see top class stuff in the large theatre screen. This movie totally disappointed me. Vijay’s acting in love scenes is as usual very artificial. I like his acting in action and serious scenes than in love scenes. Hindi movies are top class when it comes to showing Love.
Director Murugadoss never accepts plagiarism. He is known to steal stuff from all over the place but claims everything is his own. One thing is for sure he spends a lot of time in internet to gather facts. I appreciate that but that doesn’t mean he can insert his Internet knowledge where ever possible. That becomes too obvious. His plagiarism is clearly visible in this movie. There is nothing new. Farmer suicide has been debated left and right. It is an old story now. But Murugadoss either by stealing this script from someone or reading from news sites or newspapers comes up with the idea of making a movie with added masala stuff. Some directors are too over confident about their work and neglect the fundamentals required for a movie.
I will not watch another Vijay actor movie again till I read complete reviews. And any social awareness film don’t require us to go to theatres. Now can the producers return my money. Wasted 2 hours 30 minutes of my time on a disappointing movie. For those who like this movie I appreciate their patience and perseverance .
P.S: This blog is my rant and cannot be taken personally.
How to stand out among the crowd. India a country with millions of men. Most us have similar Indian look. So how do you stand out from the rest of the crowd. Best way to stand out is to show quality in everything we do. You cannot neglect one but better in other. Show the best in whatever you do. If you are doing some work show the ability to learn and improvise. I have seen some great improvisers and also very poor learners. You teach them to make a stick they will build a whole house out of it. But there are people who don’t improvise. Give them a half built house they will end up with the messy uncooked house. This is what makes the difference between the good and bad ones. It is all your ability to learn. Only if you educate yourself you can improve.
Same with any sports or games activities. Show your skills to stand out on top. Even if you don’t know how to play a game learn that first and then try to implement. No one becomes a champion in a day. We have heard of young champions in Chess that doesn’t mean they are born geniuses. Almost all young chess champions start off with a very young age. If someone is a champion at the age of 15 they would have started at the age of 5. That is solid 10 years of training and experience. This is what is all about. Take time to learn before going into something. Some people are over confident when it comes to doing stuff. They think they are do anything they like out of the blue. I don’t know how it is ever possible. No one can do that for sure. If you are achieving something out of the blue you are just too lucky. You can actually capitalize on the luck part to improvise.
From my personal experience hard work, dedication, education, improvisation all plays a vital role to be successful.
I never felt so important in my whole life when it comes to taking decisions. I was always taking stuff lightly and easy as it comes. But I am getting serious about my life and the life of everyone around me. It is time to think about the right future. Few important decisions I might be making this coming year.
- Change in strategies for the future welfare of the company. Better sustainable long term approach.
- Might improve infrastructure for a more pleasing environment to work.
- Better communication to my past and present colleagues through social media.
- Form a team of Contemposians and iRenders for better growth. Will conduct get-togethers for current and old employees.
- Might implement better schemes for iRenders.
- Might get a loved one .
- Establish my Dance studio in a bigger and better way.
- Might travel to USA for establishing my company.
- Might get a immovable asset.
- Will dismiss all negativity from my life. I never felt so positive my whole life.
- Will run 2 Marathons coming year ( Intensity of training ill change me )
- Will refrain from gossiping and listening to gossiping. This is important for me because it saves me a lot of headache.
Love is the greatest experience Homo sapiens can ever have. It is not only the best feeling in humans but many animals have great love bonding. We all know this and can never deny this. There are so many positives about love and some negatives too. I want to highlight one negative in love which I hate to see. Sometimes you get too flashy about your love. You tend to be over protective of yourself or your boy friend / girl friend. This will lead to over possessiveness which is the starting point of all problems in love.
Being possessive is a great essence of love but being over possessive can lead to many problems. I feel many get too flashy with love to remind themselves that they are in Love and should stay within restrictions and limitations. This is good but why destroy your life when you know anything can happen in Love. Lead your normal life everything will happen the right way. Instead if you put too much effort in love you will only end up disappointed. Best love is love based on trust not possessiveness. In your heart you should know that your girl will be for you. Build up confidence in yourself and in her to keep your relationship long term. Love cannot happen by suppression but can happen only by real feelings. Both guy and girl should show that their heart and soul is for each other regardless of where they are and how they are. Lead a normal life and keep your love within yourself. World wants to know of great things in life like Marriage but world will not accept your over flashy attitude that shows “I am in love” , ” I am in Love” . Over flashy attitude will only make you lose friends. Good friends who might like you as a friend wants to move away because you are getting too restricted or thinking your girl friend or boy friend might think bad about your friendship.
Flash your marriage badge not your love badge it just shows your overzealous attitude.
I have been organizing games and events for a very long time. When I posted about the Diwali games in office I saw a lot of interest from searchers around the diwali day. I thought ill share my experience with the upcoming Christmas games.
Every year we celebrate Christmas same like the way it is celebrated around the world. We play Christ-ma, Christ-child game and also we play many other games. I like to list out 5 Christmas related games we played over the years. These games can be played in office, parties and lot more occasions if you have sufficient space.
- One very interesting game I would like to highlight is the variation of dog and bone. 2 players go around in circles and any object a handkerchief or something which can be grabbed is placed in the center. First separate members as equal teams. If you have less members just keep Team A and Team B. If you have too many members then separate into multiple teams and make Team A play Vs B and Team C Vs D etc. The idea of the game is to grab the object and run into your safe area without being tagged. If you are tagged you either lose a point or out of the game. Now for the variation version for Christmas. Everyone playing can wear a Christmas hat and the object you keep in center for grabbing can be Christmas related. Like a doll of Santa Claus, Christmas props, Christmas related eatables etc. Also you can allow the person who successfully grabs the object without getting tagged to keep the object themselves. After all Christmas is all about sharing gifts right? This game can be a multi player game where you can allow other participants to pair up and play. Overall score can be calculated and rewarded with gifts.
- Christmas web treasure hunt: First you need to know what a web treasure hunt is. A web treasure hunt is a variation of treasure hunt invented by me. I am the 1st one to introduce this type of game but many of my colleagues, friends, plus other people who have seen it in internet have started playing it in their office. If you want a web treasure hunt question paper click here. For answer sheet email me and I will send you the sheet. Now coming to Christmas web treasure hunt the idea of the game is to give the participating teams a set of clues which they need to solve sitting before the computer and using their internet. This is a purely internet based game and ideal for IT companies who offer unrestricted internet access. You cannot play this game in a restricted internet connection. Most difficult part of this game is creating a question paper. So the task of the organizer is more difficult than the player. Remember you can hide something from people in a office, hotels, party halls, outdoor playing area but you cannot hide information from internet. Especially if you are dealing with intelligent people they will easily find out. So the paper has to be difficult but not too difficult to make the players frustrated. Think of hidden clues in images, videos, encrypted text, heliographs etc. Always make the question twisted so that a phrase search in Google doesn’t bring out the answers easily. Prepare a set of questions all related Christmas use Christmas proverbs, Christmas videos, Christmas images, slogans etc. Make sure all clues are related to Christmas. Prepare a set of around 25 questions in sequential order. Make sure a person can jump only from 2 to 3 and not 2 to 10. There are too many things to consider when it comes to creating an interesting and fun treasure paper. If you have many teams playing you can keep rewards on regular intervals. Like solving 5 clues first will get so and so gift, solving 15 clues so and so gift etc. I will leave the rest to your imagination. If you need help with this game you are free to contact me but my time is precious and nothing can be done free of cost.
- A Christmas prop making game can never be ignored. People like to get involved in props / craft making and you can make them do some prop related to Christmas. Like a Santa Claus doll, beautiful light with an eatable, Christmas stars, Christmas tree, Christmas hats, flying witches etc. You can allow them to use eatable items like wheat or rice flour to make props so that participants or audience can enjoy eating it later.
- Balloons play an integral part of Christmas and new year celebrations. An interesting game that I thought of that can be played during Christmas is called Santa balloon popping. Game is simple to explain. One member from each team will wear Santa Claus dress and stuff up inside their Santa dress with say 10 balloons. Idea of the game is to pop the balloon of other players only by dashing on the other Santa dressed members. Just draw a ring and make all Santa’s fight inside the ring. Those who come out of the ring are out of the game, similarly those whose balloons are popped completely are out of the game. Winner is judged by the number of aired balloons remaining without going out of the ring. This game is a bit messy and breaks a bit of sweat but interesting to play.
- Christmas questions and presents game: Idea of the game is to make the players win as much games as possible. You keep a set of gifts in the center of a circle. All the players who are playing should stand around the circle. Minimum 10 members will be fun. More members the better. Organizer should prepare a set of Christmas related quiz questions. Items required will be one hat, many gifts and lot of questions related to Christmas. Now how to play the game? Keep the gifts and the Christmas hat in the center of the circle. Organizer will ask a question from the set of prepared questions. First person to answer the question will run into the circle wear the hat and select one gift from the bunch of gifts and starts unwrapping it. By the time he is unwrapping organizer will continue to ask questions. If someone answers that question he will run inside take the cap from the other player, selects a gift and starts unwrapping it. All the gifts unwrapped before the other member grabs the cap belongs to the person who guessed the correct answer. Those who lose the hat to new member should go back to the circle, he is eligible to answer question now. But the person selecting the gift should not answer any additional questions till he loses his winner hat. Game sounds a bit complicated but fun to play.
I am sure you will enjoy playing this game in your get together. If you like my games I want to hear from you. Please leave your comment below or email me.
I take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and prosperous Diwali. May this Diwali bring happiness to everyone out there. Last year was bad for us. This year is no better but I am feeling more relieved this Diwali. I just want next year to be the best. There are too many changes in my life and I wish coming year bring best changes. I am looking for changes that can help me reach my goal. I have very few goals in my mind and I am confident I will full fill to the best on the expectations others have on me.
Will treat my colleagues with sweets and crackers, will do better next time.