I have been organizing games and events for a very long time. When I posted about the Diwali games in office I saw a lot of interest from searchers around the diwali day. I thought ill share my experience with the upcoming Christmas games.
Every year we celebrate Christmas same like the way it is celebrated around the world. We play Christ-ma, Christ-child game and also we play many other games. I like to list out 5 Christmas related games we played over the years. These games can be played in office, parties and lot more occasions if you have sufficient space.
- One very interesting game I would like to highlight is the variation of dog and bone. 2 players go around in circles and any object a handkerchief or something which can be grabbed is placed in the center. First separate members as equal teams. If you have less members just keep Team A and Team B. If you have too many members then separate into multiple teams and make Team A play Vs B and Team C Vs D etc. The idea of the game is to grab the object and run into your safe area without being tagged. If you are tagged you either lose a point or out of the game. Now for the variation version for Christmas. Everyone playing can wear a Christmas hat and the object you keep in center for grabbing can be Christmas related. Like a doll of Santa Claus, Christmas props, Christmas related eatables etc. Also you can allow the person who successfully grabs the object without getting tagged to keep the object themselves. After all Christmas is all about sharing gifts right? This game can be a multi player game where you can allow other participants to pair up and play. Overall score can be calculated and rewarded with gifts.
- Christmas web treasure hunt: First you need to know what a web treasure hunt is. A web treasure hunt is a variation of treasure hunt invented by me. I am the 1st one to introduce this type of game but many of my colleagues, friends, plus other people who have seen it in internet have started playing it in their office. If you want a web treasure hunt question paper click here. For answer sheet email me and I will send you the sheet. Now coming to Christmas web treasure hunt the idea of the game is to give the participating teams a set of clues which they need to solve sitting before the computer and using their internet. This is a purely internet based game and ideal for IT companies who offer unrestricted internet access. You cannot play this game in a restricted internet connection. Most difficult part of this game is creating a question paper. So the task of the organizer is more difficult than the player. Remember you can hide something from people in a office, hotels, party halls, outdoor playing area but you cannot hide information from internet. Especially if you are dealing with intelligent people they will easily find out. So the paper has to be difficult but not too difficult to make the players frustrated. Think of hidden clues in images, videos, encrypted text, heliographs etc. Always make the question twisted so that a phrase search in Google doesn’t bring out the answers easily. Prepare a set of questions all related Christmas use Christmas proverbs, Christmas videos, Christmas images, slogans etc. Make sure all clues are related to Christmas. Prepare a set of around 25 questions in sequential order. Make sure a person can jump only from 2 to 3 and not 2 to 10. There are too many things to consider when it comes to creating an interesting and fun treasure paper. If you have many teams playing you can keep rewards on regular intervals. Like solving 5 clues first will get so and so gift, solving 15 clues so and so gift etc. I will leave the rest to your imagination. If you need help with this game you are free to contact me but my time is precious and nothing can be done free of cost.
- A Christmas prop making game can never be ignored. People like to get involved in props / craft making and you can make them do some prop related to Christmas. Like a Santa Claus doll, beautiful light with an eatable, Christmas stars, Christmas tree, Christmas hats, flying witches etc. You can allow them to use eatable items like wheat or rice flour to make props so that participants or audience can enjoy eating it later.
- Balloons play an integral part of Christmas and new year celebrations. An interesting game that I thought of that can be played during Christmas is called Santa balloon popping. Game is simple to explain. One member from each team will wear Santa Claus dress and stuff up inside their Santa dress with say 10 balloons. Idea of the game is to pop the balloon of other players only by dashing on the other Santa dressed members. Just draw a ring and make all Santa’s fight inside the ring. Those who come out of the ring are out of the game, similarly those whose balloons are popped completely are out of the game. Winner is judged by the number of aired balloons remaining without going out of the ring. This game is a bit messy and breaks a bit of sweat but interesting to play.
- Christmas questions and presents game: Idea of the game is to make the players win as much games as possible. You keep a set of gifts in the center of a circle. All the players who are playing should stand around the circle. Minimum 10 members will be fun. More members the better. Organizer should prepare a set of Christmas related quiz questions. Items required will be one hat, many gifts and lot of questions related to Christmas. Now how to play the game? Keep the gifts and the Christmas hat in the center of the circle. Organizer will ask a question from the set of prepared questions. First person to answer the question will run into the circle wear the hat and select one gift from the bunch of gifts and starts unwrapping it. By the time he is unwrapping organizer will continue to ask questions. If someone answers that question he will run inside take the cap from the other player, selects a gift and starts unwrapping it. All the gifts unwrapped before the other member grabs the cap belongs to the person who guessed the correct answer. Those who lose the hat to new member should go back to the circle, he is eligible to answer question now. But the person selecting the gift should not answer any additional questions till he loses his winner hat. Game sounds a bit complicated but fun to play.
I am sure you will enjoy playing this game in your get together. If you like my games I want to hear from you. Please leave your comment below or email me.
I take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and prosperous Diwali. May this Diwali bring happiness to everyone out there. Last year was bad for us. This year is no better but I am feeling more relieved this Diwali. I just want next year to be the best. There are too many changes in my life and I wish coming year bring best changes. I am looking for changes that can help me reach my goal. I am very few goals in my mind and I am confident I will full fill to the best on the expectations others have on me.
Will treat my colleagues with sweets and crackers, will do better next time.
Clean India campaign is one of the best and long term pending project. We were waiting for it for a long time. India has always been criticized by western countries for its lack of cleanliness. Now is the time to act. We live in a country where throwing trash randomly on the road, spitting tobacco, throwing cigarette buds has become a regular. People’s mentality has to change or people around us have to motivate others to change. I have always done that in majority part of my life. If I see someone spitting or pissing on the road site I will be the first one to ask. I don’t care what the consequences are. People are afraid to question wrong doers fearing a backlash. If we keep thinking that way we cannot improve our society.
We don’t need our prime minister to teach us how to keep our country clean. It is our moral and social responsibility. We should learn the habits from a very young age. Many nonprofit organizations, colleges, social welfare organizations do cleanliness drive we wait for them to initiate the process. Why we can’t have it in ourselves? When you go to a public place like beaches, parks etc don’t throw your trash because no one is looking. If you eat pop-corn keep the cover in your pocket till you find a trash can. That is how we learn cleanliness. If you don’t know how to do it learn from western countries.
When I was in US I was traveling with my cousin in his car. I was eating a type of fruit more like a jujube. After i sucked up the flesh I was about to throw the seed inside a forest type of road side area. My cousin immediately stopped me and shouted at me. He said we cannot do that there, I said it is only a seed and will help the plants grow. But he said regardless of what it is, it should be considered trash and to be thrown in a trash can. I was stunned he is an Indian born and brought up in India but settled in US for higher studies and work. His blood has completely changed to US attitude. This is how we should be, when an Indian citizen goes to a foreign country and takes care of their country why can’t we take care of India our mother country where we live and mostly die. Modi ji has shown us the way let us follow it. Please stop spitting wherever and whenever you want that increase unhygienic conditions. If you see someone throw a trash you don’t have to pick and throw it in trash can but before they litter the place request them not to throw on road but to find a dustbin. Educate people around you and they will educate people around them. I have gone to these low level fishing areas in beach side. These slum people always defecate in the open. Someone has to educate them, they do this even after having toilets built to them. When you ask them why they do it they simply reply it is easier for them and have become an habit. We feel disgusting but for them it is a regular way of life.
Today is Gandhi Jayanthi the day we remember our great father of nation. he believed in cleanliness and we should follow his footsteps. If you change you make others change and they make more people change. This is how we all can change. Let us all work together with the support of our honorable prime minister and work towards one goal. CLEAN INDIA.
IOS 8.0.1 is the worst update apple has brought into the market. I should have waited for user feedback before update my phone. But I trusted Apple and just jumped in. I was one of the thousands of Iphone 5s users who updated our phones on the 1st and 2nd day. But I regret badly for it. Now I am suffering from a buggy version. My phone keeps hanging it happens atleast once a day. It never happened before now it is almost a once a day affair. Every time it gets that blank screen I need to restart my phone.
This is horrible from Apple Inc the company known for innovative products. Now I can’t go back to the old version too because of obvious concerns. Reversing updates are never recommended because it cause more technical issues than what you bargained for.
I am waiting for Apple IOS 8.0.2 . Common Apple we are waiting bring it on. We are suffering here. 5s was great till right before the update. Problems start as soon as I updated my phone.
Our life is the most complicated thing in this world. You never know when stuff happens. One day you will relaxed watching stuff in TV and suddenly you might hear some nasty news. Other day you will be seriously worried but a great news comes to your ears. This is life those who know how to handle this succeed and those who cannot take it fail. You need to face the reality what life is all about. That is why my logo says “Expect the Unexpected” . I lead my life that way I always expect something to happen. I think all extremes of life whether it is positive or negative. Though I am still young i even think of negative stuff happening in my life. That is how we should be, we should be ready for everything. There was one story that was both inspiring where a webmaster like me shared his experience. He had a good advertising account with Google and was earning decently with Adsense when all hell broke lose. He met with an accident and went to coma stage. He got Amnesia and lost all his memory. With his memory gone are all the secret information he holds. It includes bank account numbers, email passwords and many information that are vital to lead his life. All the pending revenue he had in Adsense were gone and Google doesn’t allow him to recover his information without proper credentials. This is just one experience I have seen and there are many more instances.
This is the post about the person I am talking about. Read his posts it is both enlightening and alerting.
That is why I recommend be alert with you like and never take any part of your life easy. Life can be the best in the world one day and the worst very next day. But that is what life is all about enjoy what you have today and never wait for tomorrow to get the best out of your life.
I know the importance of social media from the Orkut, myspace days to today’s facebook and twitter. But I always have trouble getting myself adapted to this. I still cannot figure out why I don’t like spending my time there. There are few reasons I can think off do you have similar problem like me?
1. I am plain damn lazy. That is true I rarely spend time on one single thing. I keep jumping around the internet.
2. Not interested in making friends
3. Not interested in seeing other’s pictures, videos and other shares.4. Not interested to gain too much attention towards me.
5. Don’t know how to socialize properly.
6. Don’t know how to appreciate others for their silly skills.
7. Don’t know how to comment on other’s profiles.
8. Not interested to show case my skills.
9. Not interested to make Business contacts. I rather like to go for it alone.
10. For a simple reason that I don’t know myself.
Do you have similar problem like me? Post a comment here and we can hopefully discuss and find a same boat to ride.
I always had my ups and downs in my life. But I am considered one of the selective few who will not give up without a fight. I like to fight till the very end to make sure my life goes in the right way. There are many people who used me as a stepping stone to their success. I am happy about it. This is a blessing that does not come to everyone easily. Only the blessed ones will get a chance to serve others or give opportunities for others to succeed in life.
I made mistakes and most of them can be fixed by few changes. I am happy now I am changing things so that everyone who depend on my success see the fruit of success one day. Success in our efforts are not easy it comes after lot of testing and difficulties. I have seen my success but the problem always been sustainability. If we can sustain our success long term this world will look at us differently. We can go around with our heads held high.
Making the right decision at the right time is crucial. I did not realize that I was blind and depending on things to happen. Finally I ended up on no man’s land. Never wait for things to come to you it never will. We have to keep seeking it even if it means losing some fun in life. There is no retirement at the age of 30 I thought it is possible but the truth it is not. That is why there is a retirement age of 65. I tried to retire at the age of 30 and got punished. I tried to take things lethargic and it ended up back firing. I learned the importance of making decisions. Decisions that benefits both parties. It is important never to compromise your life for others. I did that and regret. Will not repeat again and will never be greedy. I will take what comes to me and I will make sure I do good things for others without hurting myself.
A lesson learned is for lifetime.
I am very excited with Apple’s new annoncement of bigger iphones. I like big smart phones and I know this new iphone is a game changer. But I want to 1st go for iwatch a cute gadget. I have a fascination for watch phones. I own 2 watch phones already but I never tried the one Samsung offered. But I will go for iwatch because I own a Iphone 5s and I know this watch will work with my phone. I am waiting to get my hands on it. If anyone know the release date in India let me know. I am willing to wait in long ques just to lay my hands on it.
This is the talk of the town now. Published online are 5 million hacked gmail passwords. I just downloaded to see what I can learn from it. Oh my god it is real there are truly 5 million passwords with email IDs in that file. I am fortunate to see none of my email IDs listed there. But I did see few of my company and friend’s IDs listed there. This is truly a privacy violation. Thankfully Google woke up to the occasion most of the password I tested don’t work.
After the Apple cloud hack this is the next big news in hacking industry. I have always been fascinated about hacking. As soon I read the news that gmail passwords are released I jumped into all forums including bitcoin and other forums where this link is thought to be. I did find a perfectly working download link and I am willing to share to people who need it. Please PM me and I will email you the list. Remember this list is for information purpose only and cannot be used to violate others privacy. One thing I learn from this list is the mentality of people how they create passwords. It is stunning how dumb people are. Even after repeated warnings during password generation people tend to create easy passwords which allow the hackers to gain access.
Gmail has a wonderful 2 step verification feature. It allows you to register your phone and whenever you want to login from different system it will generate a unique number to gain access. This helped me from losing my precious email IDs.
There are ton of passwords on India / Indian citizens. Don’t know whether this hack has something to do with Indians using online social media or Apps.
Personally I am very disappointed with Kerala government’s proposed ban on liquor. I hate talibanism in India. We are a democratic country you cannot ban and take away what people do in their homes. Though I don’t take liquor I do go to clubs. I felt terrible when Tamil Nadu Government brought a policy to close all night clubs by 11.00. A city that likes night life cannot handle that. We were disappointed but now the rules are liberalized. No more 11.00 PM restriction. That is how it has to be. When you want foreign you need to understand people like to follow their culture.
Government cannot setup rules that removes the fundamental rights of a citizen. It is our right to go to night clubs. We like to go there and dance and we know when to stop. We don’t want any moral policing in India. India can be conservative but it should not be enforced on citizens who like to lead a life with freedom and liberty. Chennai and Tamil Nadu is lot better now when it comes to moral policing. We enjoy good freedom here. But it is disappointing to see Kerala the most literate state in India take such kind of unfriendly steps. Kerala is also called god’s own country and known for it’s beautiful hills. Their main revenue comes from tourism and you cannot setup rules on tourists. People come from all over the world to Kerala and they love boozing. Kerala will lose a ton a revenue coming from tourist dollars and rupees. I hope this policy never goes through. It takes away the fundamental rights of a citizen. If Kerala government goes ahead with this policy I will personally boycott Kerala tourism. My visit might not mean anything to their state but there are 1000s of people like us who don’t like to visit places that stamps us down their their moral policing.
Thankfully Supreme court is playing spoil sport and I sincerely hope it lasts for ever. Please don’t spoil a great place for tourism.